Enter your Mepps catch today using the award application (below). Remember, you must include a photo of your catch to qualify for an award. You do not have to order to enter your fish.
Note: Read our article for tips on Photographing your Catch.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting your photo to us, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. If for any reason you are not comfortable with any of the terms, please do not enter your fish.
- The photograph you send will not be returned and becomes property of Mepps.
- By submitting your picture to Mepps, you agree to allow Mepps to use the photograph in any and all of its various advertising and promotional endeavors.
- These rights include the rights to use it in any and all media. If we use your photo in the Mepps Master Catalog, a lure kit and Mepps cap will be sent to you. This shall be the full consideration which you are entitled for allowing us to use your photograph in the Master Catalog.
- You warrant that the image is of yourself and that you have the right to grant us the reproduction rights in the photograph as set out herein. Further, you warrant that the photo is not subject to any other party's rights. You agree to fully indemnify Mepps against any expenses or damages it incurs (including reasonable attorney fees) as a result of any claim against it resulting from the use of the submitted photo or breach of the warranties set out above. Mepps is under no obligation to use your photograph in any manner. If it does, however, it may crop, modify, and adapt it as it sees fit or necessary for its promotional use without your consent or review. You also grant Mepps the right to use your name in its promotional activities.
It's Challenging and fun
- Go fishing with a Mepps lure and catch a fish that meets the minimum size requirements listed below.
- Print and fill out the Angler Award application also found below. You do not have to make a purchase to enter your catch. We will send you a handsome embroidered Trophy Fish Award patch for your favorite jacket or vest, along with a chevron identifying the species of fish you caught. You may enter as many different species of fish as you want, or continue entering the same species, however each entry must be larger than any previous entry of the same species. Trophy Fish Award patches are sent to you for your first entry only. After that you will receive an embroidered chevron for each fish.
- After you've caught four DIFFERENT qualifying species of fish - - a grand slam - - you'll become a Mepps Master Angler, one of the highest honors in our sport.
- After you've caught 10 DIFFERENT qualifying species of fish, you'll be awarded a Mepps Expert Fisherman patch, identifying you as one of the best fishermen in the country. There are fewer than 300 Mepps Expert Anglers world-wide.
- To get started, send a photo of your next qualifying Mepps catch, along with your completed application(found below).
Minimum Qualifying Weights
|Barracuda||20 lb.||Pickerel||2 lb.|
|Bass, Largemouth||3 lb.||Pike, Northern||5 lb.|
|Bass, Peacock||3 lb.||Redfish||7 lb.|
|Bass, Rock||1 lb.||Salmon, Atlantic||10 lb.|
|Bass, Sea||3 lb.||Salmon, Chinook (king)||15 lb.|
|Bass, Smallmouth||2 lb.||Salmon, Chum||10 lb.|
|Bass, Striped||10 lb.||Salmon, Coho (silver)||8 lb.|
|Bass, White||2 lb.||Salmon, Kokanee||2 lb.|
|Bluefish||6 lb.||Salmon, Pink||5 lb.|
|Bluegill (Bream, Brim)||1 lb.||Salmon, Quananiche (landlocked)||5 lb.|
|Bonefish||3 lb.||Salmon, Sockeye (red)||8 lb.|
|Bowfin||5 lb.||Snakehead||5 lb.|
|Carp||10 lb.||Snook||7 lb.|
|Catfish, Blue||25 lb.||Steelhead||4 lb.|
|Catfish, Bullhead (brown, yellow & black)||1 lb.||Sunfish (shellcracker)||1 lb.|
|Catfish, Channel||10 lb.||Trout, Brook||1 lb.|
|Catfish, Flathead||15 lb.||Trout, Brown||2 lb.|
|Crappie (Black)||1 lb.||Trout, Cutthroat||2 lb.|
|Crappie (White)||1 lb.||Trout, Dolly Varden||8 lb.|
|Grayling||1 lb.||Trout, Lake||8 lb.|
|Jack Crevalle||10 lb.||Trout, Palomino||2 lb.|
|Mackerel||3 lb.||Trout, Rainbow||2 lb.|
|Musky||10 lb.||Trout, Sea/Speckled||4 lb.|
|Perch, White||1 lb.||Walleye||3 lb.|
|Perch, Yellow||1 lb.|
To determine the approximate weight of your catch, check out our Fish Weight Calculator.
Master Angler Application
If you have a digital picture of your fish available you may submit your Master Angler Application online. If you have a printed photograph of your fish, use the form below to mail in your application.
Submit your Master Angler Application online.
Alternatively you may print and mail your Mepps Angler Award Application on paper. Send it along with your picture to:
Attn: Shep Shepherd
626 Center St.
Antigo, WI 54409-2496